Calling all popcorn addicts! This herb popcorn is spiced up with butter and a mix of dried herbs, and works as a healthy snack or for entertaining.
Any popcorn addicts out there? (Hands up!) Popcorn is a huge weakness for both Alex and me. Luckily, we’ve broken our daily habit…though popcorn + Netflix is so darn comforting after a long day at work, am I right? Normally we go with just salt, but here’s a recipe for a special occasion kind of popcorn. This herb popcorn is a perfect easy entertaining recipe and healthy snack for any type of gathering. Keep reading for the recipe!
Nutritional yeast is deactivated yeast that’s sometimes used in vegetarian and vegan dishes for its cheesy, savory taste. It looks like a yellow powder, and it’s sometimes called “nooch” by its devoted fans. And nooch popcorn is one of the best uses for nutritional yeast! It sounds a bit odd, but give it a try! You may be surprised.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon dried all herb mixture (for example, a mix of basil, rosemary, savory, tarragon, and thyme)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast*
- Fine popcorn salt (Tip: To make popcorn salt, crush kosher salt using a mortar and pestle)
- Pop the popcorn in an air popper or our Stovetop Popcorn method.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter. Add the dried herbs and nutritional yeast; stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and sprinkle with popcorn salt to taste.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/herb-butter-popcorn/