Bookmark this homemade whipped cream recipe: in just 5 minutes you’ve got sweetened whipped cream that tastes infinitely better than store bought stuff!
Not much can beat the taste sensation that is real whipped cream. Although most recipes tell you to use an electric mixer, Alex and I have found that using a regular whisk is easier—not to mention whipping cream by hand is oddly therapeutic. The ingredients needed to make this homemade whipped cream recipe are simple: heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. That’s it!
Now, how to make whipped cream? WHIP IT. Contrary to what you might think, it’s actually easier to make this homemade whipped cream recipe if you don’t mix the cream in circles. Instead, you should whisk the cream back and forth, kind of like you’re cutting through it. One thing that makes it easier to whip: chill the bowl and cream before starting. This will make it whip up faster, which your forearms will thank you for later.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a bowl in the freezer to chill for a few minutes.
- Combine the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the chilled bowl.
- With a large whisk, whip the cream by moving the whisk back and forth quickly (try to whisk in a line instead of a circular motion). Whip to your desired thickness is reached. You can use a looser cream for more of a “drizzle”, or a stiffer whipped cream for the traditional Cool Whip style texture. Tip: You can place the bowl in the sink to whip the cream so that it is a bit lower than a table, which helps to make the whisking motion easier. *Alternatively, place the ingredients in the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and mix on medium speed until the desired consistency is reached.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/lightly-sweetened-homemade-whipped-cream/