This pumpkin mousse parfait recipe features an easy two-ingredient pumpkin mousse and a homemade spiced granola that’s impossible to resist.
The star of this recipe is undoubtedly the homemade pumpkin mousse. To make it, you simply have to whisk the pumpkin pie filling with some cream cheese until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer here, but whisking the mixture by hand works just as well (you’ll want to whisk this for a few minutes to incorporate lots of air). Just make sure to buy pumpkin pie filling and not canned pumpkin, as the latter isn’t sweet at all and will seriously change the flavor of this dish.
This pumpkin mousse parfait also calls for making a homemade pumpkin spice granola. It is absolutely worth the time and energy to make your granola at home. But if you don’t have time to make the granola topping for this pumpkin mousse parfait, you can use your favorite store-bought brand. We’d just recommend choosing a granola that’s decently spiced (this is a pumpkin spice recipe, after all!).
The final layer in this pumpkin mousse parfait recipe is a sweetened Greek yogurt layer, sweetened to taste with maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla. Instead of buying store-bought vanilla yogurt, making your own vanilla sweetened yogurt at home lets you control the sweetness level: and use a natural sugar like maple if you’d like!
For the pumpkin spice granola
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
For the yogurt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup honey
For the pumpkin mousse
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling (sweetened)
- Make the granola: Preheat the oven to 300°F. In a small bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans, pumpkin pie spice, vegetable oil, and maple syrup or honey. Spread the granola on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flavor the yogurt: Stir the yogurt together with the vanilla and maple syrup or honey.
- Make the pumpkin mousse: Whisk the cream cheese and pumpkin pie filling until fluffy.
- Assemble the parfaits: In serving glasses, alternate spoonfuls of yogurt, pumpkin mousse, and granola as desired.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/pumpkin-parfaits/