You’ve GOT to add this creamy chicken and mushrooms recipe to your easy dinner recipe rotation! Roasted chicken thighs with deliciously crispy skin are smothered in a luxuriously creamy mushroom and thyme sauce for a low-carb skillet meal. Or, serve it with pasta, rice, or crusty bread to mop up all the delicious sauce!
This chicken dinner truly is a winner winner. Between the crispy skin on the perfectly roasted chicken thighs to the decadent but simple creamy mushroom sauce flavored with fresh thyme.
This recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a crowd pleaser, whether you’re making a weeknight dinner for your family or cooking for a special occasion.
As an alternative to roasting the chicken thighs on a baking sheet, you can actually roast them right in the skillet!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 16 oz. sliced mushrooms such as baby portobello/cremini
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Heat the butter (1 tablespoon) with the olive oil (1 tablespoon) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with kosher salt and black pepper, liberally. Sear the chicken skin-side-down for 3-4 minutes, or until it's browned and releases easily from the pan. Remove the chicken to the prepared baking sheet (skin side up). Bake for about 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken is baking, make the mushroom sauce. Add the sliced onion and mushrooms (16 oz.) to skillet along with a pinch of salt and pepper and the fresh thyme (1 tablespoon), and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring only occasionally, until mushrooms are browned (5-10 minutes).
- Add the flour (2 tablespoons) to the mushroom and onion mixture and stir to coat, continuing to cook for another one minute.
- Gradually pour in the chicken broth (1 cup). Stir and continue to cook over medium heat, until sauce has thickened. Stir in the heavy cream (1/2 cup). Turn off heat and taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove from oven and place in the skillet with the mushroom sauce, along with a spoonful or two of the juices from baking.
- Serve chicken with mushroom sauce on top.
You can read all article and recipes here : https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/chicken-and-mushrooms/