This Instant Pot Potato Soup has all the comforting taste of a loaded baked potato made in only 30 minutes in your pressure cooker! Butter, sour cream, and cheese are melted in to every bite of this deliciously simple recipe. I love topping it with chopped bacon and green onions.
CAN I MAKE THIS IN MY CROCKPOT?
Yup! Using a slow cooker to make this loaded baked potato soup is a cinch.
Just add the onions, potatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to your crockpot. Then, cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. When it’s done, puree it and stir in the sour cream, cheese, and the butter (since you didn’t use it to sauté the onions).
This Instant Pot Potato Soup has all the taste of a loaded baked potato- butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, green onion... all made in the pressure cooker!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2.5 lbs. gold potatoes diced into 1" pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- for serving: chopped green onions, chopped cooked bacon, sour cream, and cheese (optional)
- Use the sauté function on your instant pot to melt the butter (2 tablespoons). Add the diced onion and stir to coat. Sauté for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened.
- Add the chicken broth (4 cups), diced potatoes (2.5 lbs.), kosher salt (1.5 teaspoons), and black pepper (1/2 teaspoon). Stir together.
- Turn sauté function off and place cover on instant pot, making sure the valve is set to "sealing." Set pressure cooker to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes is up, quick release the pressure by using a wooden spoon to turn the valve from "sealing" to "venting." Wait until the float valve depresses completely until you open the pressure cooker (this can take about 5 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup directly in the pot. (Alternatively, use a potato masher for a more rustic texture.)
- Add the sour cream (8 oz.) and the shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup) to the pot and stir together until melted. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve garnished with sliced green onions, chopped cooked bacon, more sour cream, and more cheese, if desired.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/instant-pot-potato-soup/