This easy homemade hummus has the BEST zesty flavor and creamy texture: and it’s much cheaper and tastier than store bought!
There are so many delicious store-bought brands of hummus out there. But why not make this healthy snack at home? It’s loads cheaper and WAY tastier. Alex and I do buy hummus, but when we have time, it’s homemade all the way. This is our best homemade hummus recipe that we make on the regular. It takes just 5 minutes to make! Here’s how to do it.
There are lots of hummus recipes that call for dried chickpeas. But this easy homemade hummus recipe calls for canned chickpeas because, let’s face it, cooking dried chickpeas takes time! It also uses some of the liquid in the chickpea can, called aquafaba.
This easy homemade hummus recipe is delicious with warm pita bread or fresh vegetables. Here’s our best hummus recipe and how to make homemade hummus!
For the hummus
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked or Instant Pot chickpeas)
- 1 large lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Olive oil
- Toasted pinenuts (see below)
- Peel the garlic. Drain the chickpeas into a liquid measuring cup. Juice the lemon.
- Add the garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons water from the chickpea can (aquafaba). Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste. If necessary, add 1 to 2 tablespoons aquafaba. Puree for 1 to 2 minutes to come to a creamy consistency. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
- If desired, make the garnish: toast the pinenuts in a dry skillet for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown (or bake in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet for 6 to 8 minutes at 350F).
- Top the hummus with cilantro leaves, a sprinkle of paprika, a drizzle of olive oil, and toasted pinenuts. Serve with veggies, pita bread, or crackers (like these homemade crackers!)
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/perfect-hummus/